Monday, June 8, 2009

Paris, Venice and Athens

Paris

In April, my friend Eva and I went to Paris, then Venice and Athens. This is the view from the street our hostel was on. It was in Monmartre, which is really one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Paris. Lots of hills and stairs, which wasn't fun with our suitcases!

C'est beau, non?!


Eva and I were going to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower but I freaked out when the elevator started moving so I got off at the 2nd floor. Eva went all the way to the top, though!

I always end up cutting off half of my face when we try taking pictures of ourselves.

The square outside the Louvre.

Les Pyramides

I love this painting! It reminds me of Romeo and Juliet.

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing, Roman cavalry choirs are singin.... : )

For some reason we thought this was the Arc de Triomphe at first, but we figured out it was down the road a ways ; )

The real Arc de Triomphe : )

Le Sacre Coeur!

The view from the Sacre Coeur.

The Moulin Rouge

The Musee D'Orsay

One of my favorite paintings in the museum.

Degas' Petite Danseuse de 14 ans

The mirror creates a cool effect here. This was in the Musee D'Orsay too.

L'Opera Garnier, where the Phantom of the Opera takes place!
Duuuh, duh duh duh duh duh!

Venice

Rialto bridge

My friend Eva. We were on the water buses that take everyone where they need to be. There are no cars on the island.

This picture is funny because I asked this Italian boy to take it; his friends were with him, and I think he was embarrassed so he stayed right where he was.

The gondolas looked amazing, but I think it was about 50 or 70 euros a ride.

Dad, I took this for you : ) I guess Italians like Jackson Browne! haha

Venice at night is just gorgeous.

To get to Athens we had to take a ferry, and this was it. Ikarus Palace.

We had to camp out here for the whole 35 hours because our tickets were for the deck. When it got really cold during the night we snuck inside and slept on these airport chairs though ; ).

Athens

A mini-Acropolis thing in this park you go through to get to the Acropolis.

Theatre of Dionysos

The Acropolis

Eva and me at the top of the Acropolis

This mineral lake we went to on our last day in Athens. It was gorgeous there.

No comments: