Sunday, August 31, 2008

The scenic tour of Aix


Today two of my friends and I decided to explore a little in Aix, and we kind of got lost. We did see a lot of the city, though. To the left is the mountain we can see from our dorms (although this picture was taken about 10 minutes away from where we are staying.) We stopped at a patisserie along the road here for a pastry, and then we had to ask for directions. The man knew immediately that we were native English speakers, but my goal this year is to change that!


This picture on the right is the Parc Jourdain. It's really pretty during the day. People go there and have picnics, and we saw a guy singing and playing his guitar there this afternoon. At night, though, it gets kind of scary. There are supposedly a lot of drug deals that go on there.

I will post again as soon as I have something interesting to write about!

Bisous,
Meredith

1 comment:

Tuesday Blog said...

I love all the photos you're posting! And what a wonderful opportunity - have a great year in Provence. When are you coming to Paris?
Aunt M.